Saturday, November 27, 2010

DMA179: Sketchbook Arist - Stina Persson

For this assignment I was assigned the visual artist Stina Persson. After some lengthy research and just studying what Stina likes to do with her work, I was ready to start painting. I noticed that Stina's signature "thing" was to use water colours to create portraits using contrast and white space. She also likes to blend colours together to really create an aurora-type feel to her work. Another effect I noticed was that she liked to use kind of a wet paint dripping effect on her work so I decided to incorporate that as well. In addition, I included some minor paint splashing techniques that you can find in her work as well.

The final water colour painting that I create is below and the link to Stina's portfolio that I used for inspiration is at http://www.stinapersson.com/portfolio/watercolour/

No comments:

Post a Comment